Pizza Grilled Cheese
I’ve loved my grilled cheese sandwiches ever since I was probably 4. What’s not to love? You’ve got bread, cheese, and butter – all foods I could easily live off of.
As I grew older I started to sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder onto the buttered pieces of bread before I’d put them into the pan. I felt like an aristocrat. Later I upgraded to things like bacon or ham. Now I’ve really taken my grilled cheese game to another level.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’ve been on a little of a pizza kick lately, so it only make sense that I upped my grilled cheese game by pizza-fying it.
To really make this unique I used thick slices of sourdough bread, hand creamed butter, garlic powder, pepperoni & my homemade pizza sauce. Combined it was hands down one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever eaten!
If you try this out for yourself, please leave a comment down below with your thoughts, and share this post on social media!
- 2 thick slices sour dough bread
- 2 tbsp Simple Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup pizza mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- Softened butter
- Dash garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and preheat cast iron pan on medium heat
- Butter both slices of bread with the softened butter and sprinkle some garlic powder on both slices
- Place first slice of bread into heated pan, add 1 tbsp Pizza Sauce, half the pepperoni and mozzarella, and the second slice of bread
- Flip after 2 - 3 minutes, or when the underside is cooked
- Quickly add the remaining pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni and place skillet into hot oven
- Remove from oven once top has melted and bottom is cooked, about another 2 - 3 minutes
- Let cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!